PVP.net v1.29.23Extremely cool changes. I've heard rumors that the AI can actually hold their own against pretty decent players. If this turns out to be true, I might just petition that you have to beat the AI before you can Solo Queue Ranked!
- Created a new UI flow for joining games of all types
- Updated the Friend List UI
- Runes are now stacked in the Summoner profile
- A new game mode approaches: Co-op vs. AI!
- This mode pits a team of all human players against a team of all AI bots on Summoner's Rift.
- This mode is supported by matchmaking, and allows summoners to join the queue solo or with friends.
- Summoners may choose between two AI bot difficulty settings: Beginner or Intermediate.
- IP and XP rewards are earned, and adjusted based on summoner level and difficulty setting.
- The following bots are enabled for Co-op vs. AI:
- Miss Fortune
- Coop versus AI will be available to play in the coming days after the patch goes live, but not on release day.
The New UI is probably good, but with the fact that I had gotten so used to it, I dont really like any of it at the moment. The stackable rune pages, however, ARE AMAZING. Little things like this really needed to exist a LONG time ago
XP & IP Rate Changes
- We have completely overhauled the IP and XP system in order to make it more fair. Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged.
- Previously, IP and XP were awarded for winning or losing a game. Now, they are granted based on how long the game was, and whether you won or lost.
- In a long game, you will make significantly more XP and IP than before. However, in a very short game, you will make less IP and XP. We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward.
- When calculating the number of minutes the game took, we only award for actual game time. However, we give all games a small fixed bonus reward, which is to give you credit for time in queue and champion selection.
- Other details:
- We have also tweaked the formulas so that new players get larger quantities of IP in their first 10 or so levels so that they can unlock their first Champions more quickly.
- First Win of the Day remains unchanged – it is still a flat bonus you will receive when you are eligible.
- We removed the no-leave-streak bonus and increased the IP rewards in general to compensate. The reason we did this is because we felt that with the new LeaverBuster system, this was no longer necessary.
I fully support the IDEA of these changes. They are currently BUGGED, however, which riot has stated, and are giving less than they should. Hopefully when this is fixed, we will no longer have to deal with idiots that want to surrender and get to the next game because that will give more IP.
League of Legends v220.127.116.11
Maokai, the Twisted Treant
- Sap Magic (passive): Each time a champion near Maokai casts a spell, he gains a charge of Magical Sap. When he has 5 charges, Maokai's next melee attack drains energy from his target, healing him for a percentage of his maximum HP.
- Arcane Smash: Maokai slams the ground, the force of which knocks nearby enemies back and sends an arcane shockwave forward, damaging and slowing his enemies.
- Twisted Advance: Maokai dissolves into a cloud of arcane energies. He regrows near a target enemy, dealing damage and rooting it in place.
- Sapling Toss: Maokai hurls a sapling, dealing damage on impact. The sapling becomes implanted in the ground, warding a nearby area. When enemies approach, the sapling attacks, exploding in an arcane blast that damages enemies.
- Vengeful Maelstrom (ultimate): Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal damage to enemies within the vortex.
This guy seems extremely fun. I havent been able to buy him due to the store being offline, but it seems like his Sapling toss is the way to go. It does a LOT of damage. His W seems pretty good too, but the rest of his abilities seem meh including his passive.
- Fixed a bug where the sound of Mark of the Assassin could persist after her target died
- Base damage increased to 47 from 45
- Base armor increased to 18 from 15
- Tantrum passive physical damage reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5
- Despair mana cost reduced to 8 from 10 at all levels
- Despair now has a new particle to match the area of effect
- Fixed a bug where Flashfrost stunned for 0.75 seconds instead of 1 second as the tooltip stated
- Fixed a bug where unlike other skillshots, Flashfrost could not be cast from out of range
- Glacial Storm
- Initial mana cost increased to 100/150/200 from 25/35/45
- Cost per second reduced to 40/50/60 from 50/70/90
- Slow duration reduced to 1 second from 2.5
- Armor/magic resist modifier changed to -40/-25/-10/5/20 from -40/-20/10/40
- Rebirth now always shows the passive in the passive slot, and an additional buff in the buff bar with the current status (ready, active, or on cooldown)
The nerf to Amumu's jungling ability with the MR change to jungle creeps was a bit much, and that is how this helps him the most. That said, this champion is COMPLETELY overpowered and is still permabanned in ranked. His ult is simply too strong and probably always will be. My best friend plays Amumu a lot, so this will probably help me more than hurt me, regardless.
I don't care what anyone says, the Anivia nerf was 100% needed. R > E costed basically no mana and did WAY too much damage for being such a skillless, impossible to dodge combo. Also, her passive is still one of the best in the game.
- Fixed a bug where Infected Cleaver's PvP.net description was incorrect
- Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35
- Fixed a bug where the Transcendent Blades cooldown tooltip was incorrect
- Spirit Bond now properly assigns assist markers to allies that receive the haste bonus
- Fixed a bug where Spirit Bond would break friendly spell shields and not apply the haste bonus
- Fixed a display bug where Spirit Bond's beam would appear at Karma's feet for enemy players
- Fixed a display bug with Bio-Arcane Barrage attacks on several skins
- Fixed a bug where the sound of Sigil of Silence could persist after her target died
- Fixed a bug where attack damage granted by Fury of the Sands was not showing in your stats/character sheet
- Fury of the Sands now updates the buff tooltip to explicitly state how much attack damage granted
- Fixed a bug where Undertow could hit the same target twice
Bugfixes are always nice, and I'm glad they are finally clarifying Nasus' ult.
- Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
- Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)
- Powerball speed reduced by about 15%
- Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice would remember your order after casting, causing him to move toward previous locations
Pantheon got hit AGAIN. He hasnt been overpowered in a LONG time. Totally unneeded. Rammus nerf again. He's probably finally balanced.
- Cooldown reduced to 3.5 from 11/10/9/8/7
- Base Damage reduced to 30/55/80/105/130 from 50/90/130/170/210
- Mana cost changed to 70/70/70/70/70 from 30/65/80/95/110
- Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
- Ability power ratio decreased to .2 from .45
- Range increased to 675 from 600
- Rune Prison
- No longer deals damage per tick and deals 60/95/130/165/200 damage up front (down from 80/120/160/200/240 over the duration)
- Ability power ratio changed to a flat .6 from .4/.6/.8/1/1.2 (depending on snare duration)
- Now deals 5% of Ryze's maximum mana in bonus damage
- Cast range increased to 625 from 600
- Duration reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
- Spell flux
- Ability power ratio per hit reduced to .35 from .38
- Cooldown increased to 14 from 9
- Mana cost reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/80/100/120/140
- Cast range increased to 675 from 625
- Base damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130
- Desperate Power
- No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp
- Area of effect damage percentage reduced to 50% from 65%
- Cooldown changed to 70/60/50 from 50/50/50
- Duration changed to 5/6/7 from 8
- Now grants a passive 75/150/225 mana
- Reduced base magic resistance to 30 from 35
- Fixed a bug where Ryze's base mana regen did not get updated properly during the previous patch's revamp
Holy ryze changes!!! So I am not 100% sure how this will work out, but it looks like this wasn't a good change for ryze overall. The spellvamp is worthless, the base damage on Spell Flux demolished his laning phase, the cooldown hurts a lot too. Overall, I think he's actually weaker. The range changes may prove me wrong, however.
- Boomerang Blade
- Damage reduction to each subsequent target increased to 20% from 10%
- Now scales from bonus attack damage instead of total attack damage
- Base damage increased to 75/120/165/210/255 from 20/70/120/170/220
- Attack damage ratio increased to .95 from .75
- Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed
- Crimson Pact Bonus ability power gained reduced to 1 ability power per 40 bonus health from 25 health
- Sanguine Pool no longer grants a speed bonus on use
- Fixed a bug where Turrets would sometimes idle while Vladimir was pooled
- Fixed a bug where Sanguine Pool would occasionally not properly draw aggro upon exiting his pool
- Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35
Sivir got a small nerf, especially to her farming, which was a bit much. No complaints wither way. Its pretty minor.
I mained vlad for a long time, I have a 2:1 W/L with him in ranked, and he's my most played in ranked so when i say this, believe it: Vlad has been OP since the moment he was released, and he will continue to be after this patch.
- Fixed a bug where Vampiric Scepter improperly showed it could build into Malady
- Sight Wards and Wriggle's Lantern wards now have a green top
- Vision Wards now have a pink top
- Doran's Shield
- Fixed a bug where it said it provided 9 armor but actually provided 8
- Armor increased to 10 from 8
- Health regen per 5 seconds reduced to 8 from 10
- Frozen Heart
- Combine cost reduced to 650 from 800
- Cooldown reduction decreased to 20% from 25%
- Glacial Shroud
- Combine Cost reduced to 425 from 575
- Cooldown reduction decreased to 15% from 20%
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity cost increased to 700 from 550
- Quicksilver Sash magic resistance increased to 56 from 48
- Randuin's Omen cooldown reduction decreased to 5% from 8%
- Spirit Visage cooldown reduction decreased to 10% from 12%
- Soul Shroud cooldown aura reduced to 10% from 15%
- New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
- Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
- +75 ability power
- +12 mana regeneration per 5
- UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction
The CDR changes are actually fine. I don't like the fact that they are nerfing Soul shroud so hard, however. The item was barely gotten, and you basically had to beg a support to pick one up. I'm not a big fan of nerfing selflessness.
The new item has been needed forever. Finally a caster option for CDR that isn't DFG!!!Its still probably worse than DFG on most hero's, however. Time will tell.
- Added a new UI to better convey Shields on the health bar.
- Surrender time on Summoner's Rift reduced to 20 minutes from 25
- Surrender time on Twisted Treeline reduced to 15 minutes from 17
- Smite now deals true damage instead of magic damage
- Updated tooltips for Akali, Annie, Ashe, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Jax, Malphite, Rammus, Singed, and Zilean
The Shields adding to health bars is really weird. I think I like knowing how much they are given, but at the same time, the fact that shields didn't give a health indicator helped those who used them. Now, people will know just how much to focus you.
Not sure why smite was chaged again. This kinda hurts a couple junglers, namely Amumu.
The surrender time change is fine. I hate being stuck in a normal game that no one wants to play anymore. Ranked surrender, however, should not even exist.
Until Next time!
P.S. The Trundle guide is taking longer than anticpated. Will come out sometime next week.